The Northeastern University Young Alumni Advisory Board (YAAB) works to empower graduates of the past 10 years and encourage their continued involvement and support of the university through programs, events, and communications. Members provide advice to Alumni Relations on matters of concern to young alumni. YAAB members are ambassadors for the university through their leadership and by serving Chief Executive Connectors (CEC) at alumni events.
The Young Alumni Advisory Board hosts events based on life-skills topics. All events are livestreamed.
Husky Financial Fitness
Does the stress of your financial future weigh on you? Are you looking for guidance in how to get started in saving for tomorrow? Hear from Joseph Giordano, BHS’02 for an engaging discussion on steps to become more financially fit.
Applications for the 2020-2022 Young Alumni Advisory Board Member term are closed. Applications for the 2021-2023 term will open in January 2021.
YAAB members are undergraduate alumni who graduated in the last ten years. To be eligible, one must live and work in the United States. YAAB members serve one two-year term.
Applications for membership are open annually from mid-November to early January. Applicants who advance to the interview stage of the process will be notified by mid-February. New YAAB members are notified by end of March.
YAAB meets four times a year. All meetings are held on Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m. on the Boston campus. In person attendance is required for the first meeting of fiscal year. (Lodging is provided for those living out of Boston.). Phone and video conference information will be provided for all other meetings for those living outside of Boston — in person attendance at all meetings is strongly encouraged.
– Support and be informed about the mission, services, policies, and programs of the university, Office of Alumni Relations, and YAAB
– Foster alumni pride and enhance the reputation of the university
– Serve as Chief Executive Connectors (CEC) during alumni events, providing alumni and students with the means to interact
– Attend quarterly meetings
– Encourage fellow alumni participation in alumni events and programs
– Financially support the university