The Northeastern University Young Alumni Advisory Board (YAAB) works to empower graduates of the past 10 years and encourage their continued involvement and support of the university through programs, events, and communications. Members provide advice to Alumni Relations on matters of concern to young alumni. YAAB members are ambassadors for the university through their leadership and by serving Chief Executive Connectors (CEC) at alumni events.
YAAB members are undergraduate alumni who graduated in the last ten years. To be eligible, one must live and work in the United States. YAAB members serve one 2 year term.
YAAB applications for the 2022-2024 term are open from January 10 until February 25, 2022.
Applications for membership open annually in January. Applicants for the 2022-2024 term who advance to the interview stage of the process will be notified by March 4, 2022. Newly selected YAAB members will be notified by the end of March.
YAAB meets four times a year. All meetings are held on Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m. on the Boston campus. In person attendance is required for the first meeting of fiscal year. (Lodging is provided for those living out of Boston.). Phone and video conference information will be provided for all other meetings for those living outside of Boston — in person attendance at all meetings is strongly encouraged.
– Support and be informed about the mission, services, policies, and programs of the university, Alumni Relations, and YAAB
– Foster alumni pride and enhance the reputation of the university
– Serve as Chief Executive Connectors (CEC) during alumni events, providing alumni and students with the means to interact
– Attend quarterly meetings
– Encourage fellow alumni participation in alumni events and programs
– Financially support the university
The Young Alumni Advisory Board hosts events based on life-skills topics. All events are live-streamed.
Whether you have questions about how to start saving for a home, or how to buy and finance a home today, watch our panel of speakers from various stages of the home buying process will provide insight on what the consider, and how to best prepare to buy a home.