OAR is on a mission to elevate our global communities to new heights, and we can’t do it without you! Our nearly 300 volunteers lead programming efforts in partnership with OAR staff. They are what make the unique experiences in 40+ domestic and international communities possible. Your participation can make all the difference, too.
- To strengthen your network
- Gain leadership and event management skills
- Serve as a university ambassador
- Have a seat at the table in developing experiences for alumni
- Attend events free of charge
- Give back to the University
How you’d like to volunteer is entirely up to you. You can become a community leader, and help shape your alumni programming, or simply engage with us, and reconnect with the university. We will work with you to determine the best opportunities that fit your needs. Start by filling out the forms below.
Become a Leader
Fill out this form if you’d like to take your Northeastern involvement to the next level, and steer the alumni experience for your community.
Volunteer Leader Expectations
- Support and be informed about the mission, services, policies, and programs of the university, Office of Alumni Relations by reviewing the volunteer handbook.
- Foster alumni pride and enhance the reputation of the university
- Serve as Chief Executive Connectors (CEC) during alumni events, providing alumni and students with the means to interact
- Attend new volunteer orientation
- Encourage fellow alumni participation in alumni events and programs
All Volunteer Leader Applications will be reviewed in the summer. Accepted leaders will be notified on or before September 1, 2019.CLOSE
Engage with Northeastern