In partnership with The Professional Advancement Networking, the Office of Alumni Relations is excited to offer you continued access to our Lifelong Learning On Demand courses. Access videos and content via the links below, and complete these modules at your own pace. We encourage you to come back as often as you’d like, and take this opportunity to learn something new!
- Gain an introduction into the principles and practices that assist a project manager.
- Learn what items should be included in a risk register.
- Tips towards developing a quality toolset and leading a project in a culturally diverse atmosphere.
- Develop investigative skills around gathering data from sources such as cell phone records, social media posts, and digitized historical records.
- Learn how big data and 311 call centers help cities across the country.
- Gain tips towards propelling your professional career in innovation.
- Understand the definitions of public health and how they are defined.
- Address the importance of social justice and urbanization as they relate to health amongst urban populations.
- Investigate the role that goals, objectives, standards, mission statements, and evaluations play within the program development process.
- Gain an overview of the processes an organization might go through in order to assess program impact and determine profitability.
- Learn to identify which types of programs and services are likely to be eligible for government contract funding.
- Discuss the management benefits and challenges associated with seeking out and maintaining government contracts.
Computer Science and Technology
- Gain an introduction to R, which is a powerful statistical programming language.
- Create and manipulate scalars, vectors, data sets, arrays, and data frames.
- Explore perception methods, such as limited-hold memory task, detecting change, peripheral drift, and pre-attentive detection.
Education and Learning
- Learn about what it means to have “Equity in Education.”
- Connect economic inequality with culture, equity, power, and influence.
- Understand how various dimensions of organizational social structure interrelate and affect organizational effectiveness.