We are looking for passionate alumni to serve as Social Media Ambassadors for the Office of Alumni Relations.
Social Media Ambassadors have a desire to say in touch with Northeastern, have pride in the institution, and are willing to help spread the news of positive stories, exciting events, exclusive opportunities, time-sensitive announcements, and more. These alumni serve a significant role in supporting our online community by facilitating conversations, and promoting awareness and growth at Northeastern University.
Social Media Ambassadors will be expected to:
- Follow the Office of Alumni Relations social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as join the Northeastern University Alumni LinkedIn group.
- Maintain a personal account on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and/or LinkedIn and be comfortable using the platform.
- Engage with Office of Alumni Relations content that resonates with you and your network through likes, comments, shares, etc.
- Participate in and listen to the conversations happening on social media, and respond when you feel it is appropriate.
- Share your input with the Office of Alumni Relations on social media strategies and campaigns.
- Provide special support through shares and personal posts during critical times in the year, such as Homecoming and Commencement.
- Have a sense of humor and creativity in their writing that helps make content approachable, easily digestible, and authentically you.
This is a one-year long commitment, with the option to renew. The time commitment for this role is approximately two hours per month.
What You Can Expect From Us
From the Office of Alumni Relations, Social Media Ambassadors can expect:
- Insider updates – be the first to know exclusive information.
- Regular Ambassador Bulletin’s filled with easily sharable content.
- Resources to help you craft content and voice.
- Occasional Northeastern swag to help you show off your Northeastern pride.
- Sincere appreciation for your time and efforts.
Want to learn more? Contact Jordana Torres, Associate Director of Social Media, at email@example.com.